It’s summer and festival season is here. Events are big business with over 87 million people attending trade shows, conventions, & conferences; while 32 million people attend music festival. Some annual industry and market stats:
- Trade shows, conventions, conferences
- Number: 284,600 annually
- Participants: 87,728,000
- Music festivals, fairs, and other festivals
- Number: 1,413 annually. Music festivals alone total over 800 annually
- Attendees: Over 102 million people annually. 32 million people go to at least one music festival annually.
- Attendees spend on average, $207 a year on live music events and digital music/streaming
- 1/3 of all festival fans go to more than one festival per year
- Farmers’ Markets
What It Means To You
Events are targeted. So attendees are in your market, many in your target market. Renting a booth, depending on the event, can be fairly inexpensive. This is an economical means of raising awareness for your product/service for the following reasons:
- You are not locked into a commercial lease contract
- Can test the viability of your product/service
- Get targeted market feedback
Some of what you may need depending on the event:
- Mobile merchant services such as Square
- Email collection method
- Banners and booth appeal
- Ready-for-market product/service
- Or compelling marketing materials (videos, images, samples) of your product/service.
Read more about festivals and marketing.
Contact me and let’s see what strategy works best for your business.